The Robert Hoag Rawlings Foundation meets semi-annually, generally a fall and spring meeting. All requests should be for projects which do not need to be completed in a relatively short period of time as the meetings change slightly from year to year.
Upcoming Grant Request Deadlines: September 5, 2019 and March 19, 2020
Please do not apply if your request fits any of the following restrictions.
- The Rawlings Foundation does not fund salaries or general operating expenses.
- Direct grants to individuals
- Political organizations, campaigns, or candidates for political office
- Efforts directed towards influencing legislation at any governmental level
- Sectarian or religious organizations whose services are directed to its members
- Veteran or labor organizations which are themselves grant-making bodies
- Advertising raffle tickets, or merchandise to be used as favors, door prizes, or to be sold for fundraising
- Trips, travel or cultural exchange tours
- Conferences, seminars, or publications of book, magazines, or films
- National health agencies concerned with specific diseases or health issues unless fundraising proceeds are directly used in the Foundations’ service area
- Sponsorships and/or the purchasing of tables or tickets for events or activities
- Applications requesting funds to support the same initiative will only be accepted for review every other year. Repeat annual requests will not be accepted.
- Programs that do not benefit people in the 18 counties in our service area.
2. TIPS BEFORE SUBMITTING
Please consider the following questions as you apply for a grant:
- Does your program have an impact on the community?
- Does it duplicate or overlap with other programs?
- Is your organization financially stable, and name some achievements?
- Do you have government or other community funding?
- Does your organization have reasonable administrative costs as compared to total budgeting?